The City and Emirate of Dubai’s mission is to empower the usage of the its data.
Dubai Government’s policy framework is intended to develop and implement a culture of data sharing and evidence-based decision-making in Dubai and will serve as a guide for all involved in the sharing of data.
In doing so, the Dubai Government aims to ensure the policy framework will be:
• Consistent with international best practices.
• Flexible and adaptable to new issues that arise.
• Encourage a culture of data sharing including with the
private sector through Open Data, data shared between
government entities, and data shared between
government and private sector entities.
• An opportunity to inspire innovation across all sectors.
• Respecting the national security, privacy, confidentiality, commerce and intellectual property rights (IPRs).